Thai Yoga Bodywork
What is Thai Yoga Bodywork?
Thai massage is a healing art which enfolds yogic postures, deep, cleansing breath work and energetic meridian work. Client and practitioner wear loose fitting clothing to facilitate fluid movement and mobility while reclining comfortably on a plush mat. Allow your mind and body to be stretched and opened as you move through an experience that connects mind and body and enlivens the spirit.
What are the Benefits of Thai Yoga Bodywork to the Body, Mind and Spirit?
The body benefits in five ways from Thai Massage:
1. Circulation System: Improving blood circulation, lowers the heart rate, increases the temperature in the area being massage, increases lymphatic circulation and reduces edema (swelling).
2. Musculoskeletal System: Improving muscle strength and effectiveness, relieves muscle tension, removes toxins from the muscle mass, relaxes the tendons and enhances elasticity, increases joint mobility and flexibility, and reduces stiffness.
3. Nervous System: Stimulates and improves activity of the nerves and sensations with effects of reducing pain, enhancing sensation to the skin, and improving the function of the internal organs such as stomach, intestines, etc.
4. Respiratory System: Improves depth of breathing and relaxation.
5. Digestive System: Increases elasticity of digestive tract and stomach movement prevents and relieves indigestion.
Information extracted from Thai Massage the Thai Way: Healing Body and Mind.
The Holistic Benefits of Thai Massage:
Community, Healthcare, Prevention, Healing and Rehabilitation
The Art of Tok Sen…
Tok Sen is the art of Lanna massage with a therapeutic emphasis on the meridian lines based on Thai wisdom found only in the Chiang Mai region of Northern Thailand. Suitable for muscular pain and skeleton. The Tok Sen technique aims to clear blocked energy by using a special wooden instrument to tap away the negative energy and ease muscle tension. It uses mechanical and sound vibration, working deeply through the muscles. Tok Sen is a great addition any Thai Massage or it can be performed separately.
Thai Herbal Ball Massage